Welcome to the
PMHS Media Center
Hours are from 7:45-3:15
Hollie G. Sisk
Login to your
Destiny account HERE!
The Portal Middle High School Media Center is a place where students continue working toward being lifetime learners. Each school year begins with an orientation, introducing or re-familiarizing each student with all our Media Center has to offer. Book check out for class or leisure/independent reading begins almost immediately and the students are assisted with this process by the media staff. Our Media Center also offers many standard reference materials for students to use in order to gather information and demonstrate reference skills. Our on-line resource technology, audio-visual materials, books, and magazines as well as a professional resources for teachers make the Portal Middle High School Media Center a very active learning environment for both students and teachers in our school and community.
Please stop by the Media Center (with a pass) and Check Out our latest arrivals to hit the shelves. We have over 100 NEW titles that have arrived and many more arriving each month. The Media Center also has a great selection of nonfiction books to help support your research.
Remember, all black and white printing is $.05 a page. If you need an item printed in COLOR please SHARE it with Mrs. Sisk and she will print it for you for $.25 a page.
We also have other basic school supplies for sale
Notebooks, Notecards, CDs, and DVDs $1.00 each
1. Textbooks and all Media Center materials may only be checked with your secure student ID number.
2. Once you get your textbooks, WRITE YOUR NAME IN THE FRONT IN PEN. When you work in groups, make sure you get your textbook. You do not get credit for turning in just any textbook! IT MUST BE THE ONE THAT IS SCANNED/CHECKED OUT TO YOU DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF CLASS.
3. You must turn in or pay for all textbooks prior to the end of the school year.
4. DO NOT loan, leave or lose your book. DO NOT allow a friend to turn in your book for you. DO NOT leave your book in your teachers' classrooms…someone will pick it up and you may never see it again! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! When you turn in your textbooks, make sure the Media Center worker verifies that you have turned in the correct textbook.
5. Questions? Stop by the media center and we will be glad to help!
For readers across Georgia, April 15 marks the first day of summer. Beginning today, you can read anywhere, anytime, and virtually anything, because Get Georgia Reading partner myON is delivering more than 10,400 free books to your computer and mobile devices that you can access 24 hours a day—every day—through Aug. 31.
You can search from more than 50 different categories and genres, fiction and nonfiction, picture books, graphic novels, chapter books, titles for struggling and reluctant readers, and Spanish and bilingual titles. It’s like having your own personal library right at your fingertips.
The web address is:
School Name: Get Georgia Reading (Choose it from the drop-down menu)
User Name: read (Choose it from the drop-down menu)
Titles can also be searched by ATOS and Lexile!
Destiny Quest Mobile App
Our Media Center's online catalog, Destiny Quest, is now available as a mobile app. Students can now access our media center's collection on their mobile devices (iOS or Android), and view books they have checked out, place holds on books, recommend books to their peers and ac-cess the resource lists. This mobile app is very easy-to-use and is free to download. Click here for more details and to download the app.